Tuesday, October 5, 2010

反省

10月降臨﹐一只牛檢討耕耘的結果﹐今年犯的錯誤比去年少。不過﹐今年犯的錯誤﹐

舉例﹕
  1. 鷹美國際
  2. 新昌管理
  3. 新昌營造
以上三個錯誤的版本都是前半年業績美好而後半年翻筋斗。我的分析方式是參考過去幾年的業績然後得了平均值﹐今年前半年業績都能高于去年同期﹐而且PE都是介於10倍左右﹔資產方面﹐都是負債低﹐而且市值-現金比率少過10倍﹔它們都能生產自由現金﹐而且市值-現金生產比率少過10倍。

雖然通過了檢驗﹐但是後半年業績之差勁的確令我訝異。無法否認它們是有價值﹐而且可能是高于市值。但是我選擇放手﹐因為在于﹕
  1. 確定﹗我無法忍受不確定﹐無法確定的價值等于是無價值。營業額大量減少真令我害怕。
  2. 股息﹗它們的共同點就是減息。營業額大量減少﹐造成營業產生的現金減少。

我發覺它們業務的弱點是﹕
  1. 非常依賴某個客戶﹐但客戶不依賴你。(鷹美-Nike/Rebook)(新昌-領匯)
  2. 技術普通。例如新昌﹐它的措施管理只是領匯的省錢管道。當領匯認為自己做會更好﹐領匯就不外判給新昌。
  3. 鷹美雖然不停改善技術和成本﹐但它只是Nike/Rebook的某個小小供應商(比較兩者的營業額)﹐客戶不依賴你。
所以我的看法﹐先天的確定在于生意的模型﹐後天的確定在于管理人。也就是說﹐某些生意連傻瓜都能做得好﹐某些生意給精明能幹的人也會翻筋斗。

以後﹐我對這些生意模型﹐將敬而遠之﹐除非大平賣。


宏利金融在去年和今年的非現金虧損和配股其實是在考驗投資人的運氣多過耐心。我相信很多投資人都在等待宏利金融回歸平均值﹐今年2季的非現金虧損應該是壞運氣。
如何避免壞運氣﹖Mr. Graham說﹐得靠大大的safety margin。

我選擇放了宏利金融﹐主要是因為我認為除了safety margin﹐我也需要考慮收入。
雖然P細于I﹐但T是未來﹐沒有人知道P何時高于I。有了safety margin﹐加上得到很好的股息回報﹐才算是充份擁有等待T的條件。

Safety margin﹑股息回報和T是個人的事﹐因人而異﹐適合你的不一定適合我。

所以我的步驟是
股息回報-->Safety margin

我的股息回報目標是>5%


3 comments:

  1. Hi Cow,

    pls forgive my honest, I'm afraid you are walking a wrong way in "investment analysis".

    I will rank analysis tool in following:
    economic > market trend > business management analysis > financial data.

    Some guys treat financial data too important.

    Take care, remember every coins you put into investment is from hard working... don't lost.

    best wishes,
    Spyder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Spyder,

    I am honestly please with your honest advise.
    "Don't lost" is my priority.

    Your 0013 is well done.
    Our 423/823 is well done too.


    cheer for our friendship

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cow,

    ha..ha..so bad that I was planned to buy 013 under $47 but it didn't my "planned buy in price". my serious fault!!

    I asked you to analysis this before because I think this will let you understand more about stock investment.

    013's figure is not good at all but its' stock price really runs ahead most blue-chips. If stock investment is as simple as the rules of Mr.Buffett, then everyone is God-of-stock lu.
    He didn't tell the most important. Does anyone else study "critical factor success of Buffett"?
    "Security Analysis" is not analyse figure, ratio, etc. We must read message behind.

    cheers,
    Spyder

    ReplyDelete